[Xymon] Is this thing on?

Ralph M ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 16:31:06 CEST 2023

I've been using Xymon at several different employers since it was
BigBrother owned by a couple of guys in Canada.  My current Senior VP wants
Xymon to go away.  He hasn't actually told me that directly, but I've heard
it via another channel.  We have SolarWinds on some machines, but I've
never even seen the GUI for that.  We're also distributing Oracle
Enterprise Manager (OEM) to a bunch of machines.  I don't know for sure,
but I suspect a contracting company is whispering in my SVP's ear to sell
support for OEM.  In the meantime, my Xymon server has 878 days uptime and
they're still trying to figure out how to install and configure the OEM
agents.  It's going to be tons of fun watching them try to replace all the
little scripts I've written with OEM equivalents.

@Cristoph - I don't know if I can use stunnel.  It's a military-related
company and there are all kinds of restrictions that sometimes even make
sense.

Ralph Mitchell