[Xymon] Graphs not showing

W.J.M. Nelis Wim.Nelis at nlr.nl
Tue Jan 31 09:04:10 CET 2017

Hello,

The problem was solved about a week ago. Xymon requires the name of the
RRD's to start with the name of the test. In my case the test was called
"odr_mux", while the Devmon header contained "DEVMON RRD: odr 0 0". The
latter should have been "DEVMON RRD: odr_mux 0 0". After this change the
graphs were shown by Xymon.

As noted earlier, there is no error message indicating a lack of files.
Perhaps module showgraph.c, around line 1020 should be changed from:

         }
         rrddbs[rrddbcount].key = rrddbs[rrddbcount].rrdfn =
rrddbs[rrddbcount].rrdparam = NULL;

         /* Sort them so the display looks prettier */
         qsort(&rrddbs[0], rrddbcount, sizeof(rrddb_t), rrd_name_compare);

into:

         }
         rrddbs[rrddbcount].key = rrddbs[rrddbcount].rrdfn =
rrddbs[rrddbcount].rrdparam = NULL;
         if ( rrddbcount == 0 ) errormsg("invalid request - no matching
RRDs found");

         /* Sort them so the display looks prettier */
         qsort(&rrddbs[0], rrddbcount, sizeof(rrddb_t), rrd_name_compare);

The variable wantsingle in function generate_graph in module showgraph.c
was obviously true in my case, although a multi-graph was requested. It is
not clear to me why this variable was set to true in my case.

Regards,
   Wim Nelis.