[Xymon] Xymon server fqdn

Galen Johnson solitaryr at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 22:24:08 CET 2017

Interestingly, emails from my work address don't seem to be making it to
the list...

Hey,

I'm at a loss here.  I'm using the Terabithia RPM for my Xymon server and
the links that are provided in emails only use the shortname of my xymon
server.  For example,

https://shortname/xymon

instead of

https://shortname.example.com/xymon

I've dug through the xymonserver.cfg file to see where this is being set
and I can trace it to

XYMONSERVERWWWNAME="$XYMONSERVERHOSTNAME"       # The name used for this
hosts' webserver

where XYMONSERVERHOSTNAME is defined as

XYMONSERVERHOSTNAME="$MACHINEDOTS"              # The hostname of your
server. In the RPM, xymoncmd sets this before we get here

I have FQDN="TRUE" set as well.

Any idea where I can set this to give me the actual fqdn of the server?
I'm assuming that 'xymoncmd' is just pulling in 'hostname' rather than
'hostname -f'.  I must be missing something.

Anyone have any insight into what I may be missing?

=G=