[Xymon] 4.3.28 RC1 Released

Axel Beckert abe at deuxchevaux.org
Wed Jan 4 20:26:18 CET 2017

Dear Japheth,

On Wed, Dec 28, 2016 at 07:30:39PM -0800, Japheth Cleaver wrote:
> 4.3.28 RC1 has been released and should now be available on the
> SourceForge mirrors. You can download it at
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/xymon/files/Xymon/4.3.28-rc1/

Thanks!

I'm currently working on integrating this version into the official
Debian package (not sure if I'll also upload this RC version, but it's
at least for testing it with local deployments).

There's one thing I noticed in Xymon's C code (indentation adjusted):

lib/sendmsg.c:        sendresult_t sendmessage(char *msg, char *recipient, int timeout, sendreturn_t *response)
lib/sendmsg.h: extern sendresult_t sendmessage(char *msg, char *recipient, int timeout, sendreturn_t *reponse);
                                                                                                       ^^^

Notice the difference at the end. It probably doesn't have an actual
effect on the program, but I think that typo should be fixed anyways.

This and all other typos Debian's lintian tool or myself found so far
(mostly in documentation and output strings in C code, occassionally
also typos in code comments) are available in
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/xymon.git/tree/debian/patches/75_fix_spelling_errors.patch
(appliable patch at
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/xymon.git/plain/debian/patches/75_fix_spelling_errors.patch)

And then there's also a patch for syntax errors in man pages at
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/xymon.git/tree/debian/patches/78_fix_manpage_syntax_errors.patch
respectively
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/xymon.git/plain/debian/patches/78_fix_manpage_syntax_errors.patch

You might want to also have a look at these patches we apply in Debian:

* https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/xymon.git/tree/debian/patches/00_htmlcontenttype.patch
  (already posted in the past)
* https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/xymon.git/tree/debian/patches/15_hobbitgraph.netstat.patch
* https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/xymon.git/tree/debian/patches/24_hobbitclient-tmpfs.patch
  (already posted in the past)
* https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/xymon.git/tree/debian/patches/39_kfreebsd-makefile.patch
  (already posted in the past)
* https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/xymon.git/tree/debian/patches/63_netstat-ant-vs-ipv6-address-truncating.patch
  (already posted in the past)
* https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/xymon.git/tree/debian/patches/84_fix_compilation_on_GNU_Hurd.patch
  (only recently addeed)

A feature which has been requested in Debian is added by
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/xymon.git/tree/debian/patches/27_hobbit_files_ifexist.patch
so you might want to have a look at it, too, maybe only for 4.4, though.

Haven't yet tested the built packages, but will do so soon. (And
likely send another mail about the results.)

		Kind regards, Axel
\ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News            | abe at deuxchevaux.org  (Mail)
 X   See http://www.nonhtmlmail.org/campaign.html | abe at noone.org (Mail+Jabber)
/ \  I love long mails: http://email.is-not-s.ms/ | http://abe.noone.org/ (Web)