[Xymon] Graphing a disk-like check

nightwatch at tiscali.it nightwatch at tiscali.it
Thu Feb 9 14:38:42 CET 2017

Hi all,

I'm trying to configure rrd graph for a check of a particular nfs mount
point on a linux client.

I'm aware that "df" command defined in the xymonclient-linux.sh script
excludes network disks and it's ok for me.
I'm executing a simple "df -P /NFS01" and sending to xymon server as
"vault" column name

output:

THU FEB 9 14:24:45 CET 2017

  Filesystem 1024-blocks Used Available Capacity Mounted on
nfs-server:/NFS01 13260711552 11019471040 2241240512 84% /nfs_01

configurations:

# ================================
# in the graphs.cfg I've duplicated the [disk] definition

[vault]
         FNPATTERN ^disk(.*).rrd
         TITLE Disk Utilization
         YAXIS % Full
         DEF:p at RRDIDX@=@RRDFN@:pct:AVERAGE
         LINE2:p at RRDIDX@#@COLOR@:@RRDPARAM@
         -u 100
         -l 0
         GPRINT:p at RRDIDX@:LAST: \: %5.1lf (cur)
         GPRINT:p at RRDIDX@:MAX: \: %5.1lf (max)
         GPRINT:p at RRDIDX@:MIN: \: %5.1lf (min)
         GPRINT:p at RRDIDX@:AVERAGE: \: %5.1lf (avg)\n

#==========================

#in the xymonserver.cfg I've wrote:

TEST2RRD=<standard stuff>,vault=ncv

I Have to add this line?
NCV_vault=????:GAUGE

In the detail page there no graph, and the rrd file reports NaN...

any suggestion is appreciated

max

Con Open 4 Giga a 9 euro/4 sett navighi veloce, chiami e invii SMS dal
tuo smartphone verso tutti i fissi e mobili in Italia. Passa a Tiscali
Mobile! http://casa.tiscali.it/mobile/