[Xymon] Limiting repeated messages

Root, Paul T Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Wed Feb 8 16:29:07 CET 2017

So we have custom tests that developers/maintainers of the application want alerts for just once a day. But we use a script to mail to them pretty printed html, so I can't use REPEAT=1d on the SCRIPT line, and putting REPEAT on the host line doesn't work.

Can I put the REPEAT on its own line?

HOST=NMSRep DURATION>7 SERVICE=LogMasterErr,NMSRepScheduler,NMSRepTask,RepDisc_Issues COLOR=red,yellow,purple RECOVERED
REPEAT=1d
     SCRIPT /usr/local/scripts/html_mail.pl $NG-NMSRep-DEV

Or perhaps, embed the repeat into the argument of the script?

Thanks,
Paul.

This communication is the property of CenturyLink and may contain confidential or privileged information. Unauthorized use of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the communication and any attachments.