[Xymon] Bug in client data handling in 4.3.27

Jonathan Trott jtrott at dancrai.com
Tue May 31 08:29:58 CEST 2016

> On 24/05/2016 09:33, Jonathan Trott <jtrott at dancrai.com> wrote:
>
> Hi.
>
> We are in the process of migrating xymon from a CentOS 5 server running
> 4.3.16 to a CentOS 7 server running 4.3.27-1 (terabithia-xymon) and have

> run into a bug while testing the new install.
> I have setup a third box with a xymonproxy to allow delivery to both
> servers at the same time to reduce downtime for the migration of the
200GB
> or so of historical data.
> Both servers have identically setup hosts.cfg with almost all clients
> listed in include and dspinclude (for layout reasons) files.
> This was working fine in 4.3.16 but on 4.3.27 it works fine for bbwin
> clients, but not for xymon-client or hobbit-client clients on linux.
> For the linux clients I get the new clientlog green diamond showing up
> (once I modified the include file to end in .cfg and added
> ALLOWALLCONFIGFILES="TRUE" to xymonserver.cfg) but all the other client
> tests stay purple.
> If I move one of the linux clients from an include file into the main
> hosts.cfg file it starts behaving normally.
>
> Any ideas?
I don't really know what the issue was, but the steps that finally
resolved it for me was to rename the existing bbvar directory and create a
fresh new one. This started to show incoming client data. I then used
rsync to sync across the historical data again and things have kept
working.
I've even removed the .cfg from the end of the included files again and
enabled all the dspinclude options again with no reoccurrence of the
issue.

Thanks,
JT