[Xymon] Devmon tests clear but snmpwalk works

Colin Coe colin.coe at gmail.com
Thu May 26 14:20:53 CEST 2016

Hi all

I know this is the Xymon list not Devmon but I think I'll have most luck on
this list so apologies in advance.

I have a few of Cisco switches that I've just started monitoring at a
couple of remote sites. snmpwalk works from the Xymon server but the Devmon
tests are all clear (Devmon runs on the Xymon server).

When I look at the devmon.log I just see lots of
---
[16-05-26 at 20:19:09] No SNMP data found for ifName on swi02
[16-05-26 at 20:19:09] No SNMP data found for ifOutPktsSec on swi02
[16-05-26 at 20:19:09] No SNMP data found for ifOutCollisions on swi02
---

Any ideas on tracking this down?

We have many if these switches at other sites and they display correctly in
Xymon.

Thanks

CC