[Xymon] xymon for AIX

John Langbein bigbandjohn at gmail.com
Wed May 25 16:25:41 CEST 2016

In case you need them, here are the firewall commands I used:

[root at xymontest rc3.d]# firewall-cmd --permanent --zone=public
--add-port=80/tcp
success
[root at xymontest rc3.d]# firewall-cmd --permanent --zone=public
--add-port=1984/tcp
success
[root at xymontest rc3.d]# firewall-cmd --reload

I also just created a service file for startup/shutdown. This may be
helpful to you down the road so you won't have to re-invent the wheel. It
took me a while and asking a CentOS mailing list to find the answer:

"/usr/lib/systemd/system/xymon.service" 27L, 816C

# xymonlaunch.service
# systemd file for Fedora 18 and up, or RHEL 7 and up

[Unit]
Description=Xymon systems and network monitor
Documentation=man:xymon(7) man:xymonlaunch(8) man:xymon(1)
After=network.target

[Install]
# Compatibility with "xymon" and "xymon-client"
Alias=xymon.service
Alias=xymon-client.service
WantedBy=multi-user.target

[Service]
#EnvironmentFile=/etc/sysconfig/xymonlaunch
User=xymon
# We wrap in xymoncmd to eliminate the need for the bulk of the old init
script
ExecStart=/home/xymon/server/bin/xymoncmd
/home/xymon/server/bin/xymonlaunch --no-daemon $XYMONLAUNCHOPTS
Type=simple

# Kill xymonlaunch, but don't send kills to the underlying procs, since they
# might be doing important things (like writing checkpoints and flushing
caches)
KillMode=process
# SendSIGHUP=yes
SendSIGKILL=no

######################################## - next run the commands below
after creating this service file
systemctl enable xymon.service
systemctl start xymon.service

I had issues where it would only stop or only start. It was not obvious how
to write this.  Hope you find this helpful

John