[Xymon] routing between xymons

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Fri May 13 17:56:54 CEST 2016

On 5/13/2016 7:13 AM, Ron Cohen wrote:
> Hello there...
> we have here a pretty big production environments, and even bigger
> non-production.
> I've configured xymon for both, but the guys that do the actual
> monitoring objected to have alerts coming from non-production servers,
> since those are mostly non-crucial - they don't want to see any of those
> reds on their screens.

One way that comes to mind is using the "nopropyellow" (etc) tags on the
hosts. We mix our production and test hosts on pages, but mark the test
hosts not to propagate their alerts upward. Their test results appear on
their own page, but not on their parent page. Also look into the
"nonongreen" tag.

Note: the tags mentioned above affect the generation and display of the
web pages. They do no affect alerts or the behavior of xymondboard.

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Enterprise Technology Services
Department of Administration