[Xymon] Windows PowerShell client v2.15

zak.beck at accenture.com zak.beck at accenture.com
Tue May 3 10:30:05 CEST 2016

Hi

Thanks for the feedback :), pleased to see it works for you.

I wanted to see if I could get a PowerShell script to run without specify
HASH and HASHVALUE, the example in the documentation of
external:everyscan:sync:fsmon.vbs doesn't seem to work for .ps1 scripts, I
assume because you need to use the powershell.exe process to call the
script.

Correct - if there's no default handler, you need to specify the process.

I had a lot of trouble with the optional arguments and settled for
documenting the guaranteed way it works! I'll have another look and see if I
can make it clearer.

Longer term, I'd like to make the hashes mandatory - it makes sense when
deploying stuff to many servers to use them, in case the web server is
compromised or returning error pages.

Zak