[Xymon] IP swap

Root, Paul T Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Mon Mar 28 14:20:40 CEST 2016

When you did the IP swap, did you reboot the machines?

If not, did you restart xymon after changing the name?

If not, the xymon client may still be reporting as the old hostname.

Also, do you have a config file for the startup script? And does it define the machine as the old host name?

-----Original Message-----
From: Xymon [mailto:xymon-bounces at xymon.com] On Behalf Of Jeevan.Reddy at colt.net
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2016 3:38 AM
To: 'Torsten Richter'; xymon at xymon.com
Subject: Re: [Xymon] IP swap

Hi Torsten,

Hosts.cfg file is set with correct IP and hostname mapping .

DNS lookup also correct.

Still post IP swap on hardware , it is polling old hardware host.

Please let me know, if you need some other information , which will be useful to resolve this.

Jeevan Reddy.G
Tech Lead (Unix) , Technology Shared services
Colt Technology Services India Pvt Ltd 5th & 6th Floor, Silver Oak, B Wing,
Manyata Embassy Business Park, Nagawara, Bangalore – 560045