[Xymon] "ports" RRD graph is often flaky.

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Wed Mar 23 10:29:28 CET 2016

On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 8:17 PM Shawn Heisey <haproxy at elyograg.org> wrote:

> All four of these lines have been in the config for a long time, but the
> mule_aps and mule_nwsi tracking identifiers *used* to be ajp, the same
> as the 8009 port line.  So I had three lines all using "ajp" as the
> tracking ID.

I think this explains it.  RRD only permits one update per (by default)
5-minute interval, and any subsequent ones are rejected.  If you had 3
updates going on every 5 minutes, only the first would have been accepted.
So if mule_aps or mule_nwsi were both reporting NaN then it's possible that
only 1/3 or all updates had valid data.  Your graph seems to show about 1/3
present, and 2/3 missing.