[Xymon] information about alerts

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Fri Mar 18 00:01:30 CET 2016

On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 6:58 PM venkat v <velpulavenkat6 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> this is venkat am using xymon monitoring tool i want to know some
> information about sound alerts to alert mails like yellow and red marks.

Hi Venkat

Can you be more specific about the information you would like?  Are you
trying to use the Xymon alert system to create sound alerts?  Or are you
using email alerts from Xymon and want to have the emails generate sounds?

In the past, I've used a Windows system tray app called "bbtray" (
https://github.com/deluan/BBtray) which connects to the (typically) "all
non-green" page to see the current state of the Xymon server.  I believe it
can generate sounds, although I've never used it for this (not wanting to
annoy my colleagues at nearby desks).

Cheers
Jeremy