[Xymon] (no subject)

Torkil Zachariassen torkil.zachariassen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 19:47:59 CET 2016

On our xymon (4.3.26) server, which otherwise works just fine,
/var/log/xymon/xymonlaunch.log issues the following warning the
following every 5 minutes.
This again indicates that the culprit is xymonlaunch
:

WARNING: Cannot open include file '/var/run/xymonclient-runtime.cfg',
line was: include /var/run/xymonclient-runtime.cfg

This seems related to an earlier report  @
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.monitoring.hobbit/26155  stating

" that in: /usr/lib/xymon/client/etc/xymonclient.cfg on the server
once the RPM is
installed you need to replace the include statement with the below text:
XYMSRV=""          # IP address of the Xymon server
XYMSERVERS=""                   # IP of multiple Xymon servers. XYMSRV
must be "0.0.0.0".

This is because the init script for the client correctly uses the
/etc/default/xymon-client to create a
file /var/run/xymonclient-runtime.cfg that is what is included, but
the server init script does not do these things."

I suppose there are multiple ways to resolve this, but some advice is needed:
1) include a few line into the server init script (/etc/init.d/xymon)
which creates the xymonclients-runtime.cfg file
2) modify or remove the include line in
/usr/lib/xymon/client/etc/xymonclient.cfg on the server

We use rpms created from the supplied spec files, and the server has
the xymon package installed only, as the xymon(-server) and
xymon-client packages conflicts (you can not install both)

For now we have commented the include line out manually, but please
advise on what a proper resolution might look like.

regards
...torkil...