[Xymon] The testip option does not seem to be honored by the http test

Shawn Heisey hobbit at elyograg.org
Wed Mar 9 18:53:08 CET 2016

I have the following in my hosts.cfg file:

10.100.2.131    fourqueens.REDACTED.com # testip ssh
mgmt=10.2.6.131[http,https,ssh] https://megaagency.REDACTED.com
delayred=http:10
10.100.2.132    fitzgeralds.REDACTED.com # testip ssh
mgmt=10.2.6.132[http,https,ssh] https://megaagency.REDACTED.com
delayred=http:10

The "mgmt" option controls a custom server-side script we wrote that
verifies reachability of the out-of-band server management (Dell DRAC in
this case).

I had expected the "testip" option to force the https URL test to be
sent directly to the server, not the DNS address (which is a load
balancer), but I can see the load balancer cookie in the response and
requests in the load balancer's log.

Is there any way to get the intended behavior?

The server is running 4.3.23 with the patch to fix http response code
interpretation.

Thanks,
Shawn