[Xymon] EXTIME still valid ?

J.C. Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Wed Jun 22 20:46:16 CEST 2016

On Wed, June 22, 2016 8:40 am, Erik wrote:
> Did this issue ever get addressed?  Because I'm also having this issue,
> and I'm using v4.3.27.. thanks!
>
> (hoping i did this correctly to get it into the proper thread)
>
> On Mon, February 23, 2015 8:51 pm, Jeremy Laidman wrote:
>> Ricardo
>>
>> I don't think EXTIME is valid any more.  A quick scan through the
> source
>> code doesn't show any mention of it whatsoever.  I suppose the
> equivalent
>> would be to specify several TIME strings that included everything
> else,
>> such as:
>>
>> TIME=023456:0000:2359,1:0000:1139,1:1240:2359

>> On 3 February 2015 at 04:00, Ricardo L. <rltexas1 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>>>  Is the EXTIME option still valid in the alerts.cfg
>>>
>>> I am having problems testing the following
>>>
>>> EXTIME=1:1140:1240
>>>
>>> Should be exclude Monday's 11:40 to 12:40.
>>>
>>> Will test
>>> EXTIME=M:1140:1240
>>>
>>> But if it's M for Monday what would Sunday be ?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

> It looks like EXTIME= might have been missed as a valid option. I'll
> see
> if I can add it in for 4.3.19.
>

> Regards,
>
> -jc

Hi,

This *should* be working. It was put in in 4.3.19 in
https://sourceforge.net/p/xymon/code/7588/, though I confess I haven't
used it much myself since then. The parsing was done for both analysis
rules and for alerting ones.

What issues are you seeing?

One thing to keep in mind that EXTIME's logic is applied after TIME, so:

> EXTIME= syntax in analysis.cfg and alerts.cfg files is now supported.
Note that this exclusion is applied *after* any normal TIME=
specifiers. (If a TIME= modifier is present, then times outside of
that range are already excluded.)

Regards,

-jc