[Xymon] noprop behaviour

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Wed Jun 8 18:01:01 CEST 2016

On 6/7/2016 5:35 AM, Johan Sjöberg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think the behaviour of nopropyellow and nopropred should be fixed.
> Currently (4.3.21) tests specified with noprop will propagate to the
> nongreen page if any other tests on the same host are alerting. Is this
> how it is intended to work? I would prefer if they never propagated,
> regardless if any other tests are alerting.

I'm fine with this historic behavior.

I don't necessarily want a low-value error condition to force a host
onto the non-green page. But once that host has been sent there by a
high-value error condition, I like to see all of the non-green bubbles.
Sometimes those low-value errors increase in value when combined with
high-value errors.

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Enterprise Technology Services