[Xymon] SNMP

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Tue Jul 26 01:05:04 CEST 2016

On Tue, 26 Jul 2016, 08:45 Oskar Hammarström <oskar at campnorthernlight.com>
wrote:

> Ah, interesting. Now I have very lmited experience with both Xymon and
> custom scripts, could you maybe explain to someone who's very novice on
> this?, I guess by this you can get a graph that shows how much data as in
> bytes that is used on the said network betweeen said devices that support
> SNMP, i have a server that have support for SNMP which I plan on running
> SNMP reporting from so Xymon can tell me how much data that were using on
> the LAN:
> Med Vänliga Hälsningar / Kind Regards *Oskar Hammarström*

(cc xymon)

The devmon documentation is very good, so start there.

Also here's a guide to setting it up:

https://en.m.wikibooks.org/wiki/System_Monitoring_with_Xymon/Other_Docs/HOWTO/Devmon_SNMP

There's also a devmon mailing list. Many people on the xymon mailing list
are also on the devmon mailing list.

Have a go at it by yourself, and if you get stuck, send specific questions
to one of the lists.