[Xymon] Convert bb-mdstat for Variables XYMON

FreeSoftwareServers freesoftwareservers at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 02:10:13 CEST 2016

@Jeremy

This made everything come together, thank you!

Note that xymoncmd (and xymonlaunch) sets BB environment variables for backwards-compatibility, so no need to change the variables.

Try:

~xymon/client/bin/xymoncmd ./bb-mdstat.sh

Cheers

Jeremy

---------------------

A few things:

Nowhere on the internet could I find the “default” XYMON/HOBBITHOME and its really hard to find because XYMon symlinks files all over the place, I think a note saying, Check here but it might not work would be useful to many.

Also I had to change the following in the config file for the [raid] flag, but really, I think xymon should have done this. [sudo ln –s hobbitclient.cfg xymonclient.cfg] for compatibility, I understand that it’s a lot to update each time xymon changes its name, but I think it’s finally settled down with xymon!

        ENVFILE $HOBBITCLIENTHOME/etc/hobbitclient.cfg

TO :

        ENVFILE $HOBBITCLIENTHOME/etc/xymonclient.cfg

I tried this >>

 <http://www.it-eckert.com/software/raid-monitor/> http://www.it-eckert.com/software/raid-monitor/

But my sd* get rearranged upon reboot so that didn’t work, but I was able to get bb-mdstat to work!

Only problem left, it doesn’t seem to be updating :(…. I used /etc/xymon/clientlaunch.d/bb-mdstat.cfg which everything seems setup to run correctly, but my status seems to stay unchanged…. But easy fix, I just run the below cmd in cron every 5 minutes.

/usr/lib/xymon/client/bin/xymoncmd /usr/lib/xymon/client/ext/bb-mdstat.sh

I made a few write-ups if anybody is interested, thanks for getting me rolling on my raid-monitoring!

https://www.freesoftwareservers.com/index.php/2016/07/24/xymon-home-page/