[Xymon] Status not available for All CONNS after logrotate

Mon Jul 18 02:33:42 CEST 2016

On 17/07/16 23:51, FreeSoftwareServers wrote:

> /hobbit-cgi/bb-hostsvc.sh?HOST=sub.domain.com&SERVICE=conn
>
> Status not available
>
> Our hobbit server was running low on space so I set up a script to
> move all *.gz files from /var/log/ to /data/backups and now all CONN
> are RED and when I click icon it just says Status Not Available…
>
> I tried moving all the logs back, little haphazard as the script moved
> recursively moved logs from /var/log to one directory but I just
> copied all logs, to every directory in /logs/ and Its still not working!
>
> It worked fine yesterday, and my bosses are not happy that it’s not
> working, any help is much appreciated!

I would suggest to find your xymon logs directory, for me that is
/var/lib/xymon/logs but yours might be different. I suspect you have
moved that to the wrong place. You can probably just re-create the empty
directory (with the appropriate permissions) and start accumulating new
data.

While there, also do the same for the histlogs and hostdata folders.

PS, you might also share your "script", it sounds like there is some
error in it, as I don't think xymon requires any *.gz files to be kept...

Regards,
Adam

--
Adam Goryachev Website Managers www.websitemanagers.com.au