[Xymon] Analysis.cfg Host name help

Root, Paul T Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Wed Jul 13 15:15:05 CEST 2016

You need to preface the name with a % to indicate the hostname is a wildcard

HOST=%serverweb*prod

From: Xymon [mailto:xymon-bounces at xymon.com] On Behalf Of Nathan Gaston
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2016 1:35 PM
To: xymon at xymon.com
Subject: [Xymon] Analysis.cfg Host name help

I am editing my Analysis.cfg file trying to group similar servers together.
I am having unpredictable results and would appreciate some help.
I am trying to get servers grouped with wild cards as such
example:
serverweb1prod
serverweb3prod
serverweb2prod
#V for virtua
serverwebV1prod
serverwebV3prod
serverwebV2prod
To monitor port 80 on all (Physical and Virtual) webservers I have the following.
HOST=serverweb*prod
        PORT "LOCAL=%([.:]80)$" state=LISTENING TEXT=HTTP
Then in the following block I want to monitor VM tools is running on my VM webservers.

HOST=serverwebV*prod l
        #Monitor for the service running
        PROC vmtoolsd.exe 1
        #Monitor for the service running
        SVC VMTools startup=automatic status=started

Problem is that my non-virtual web servers are RED because they are looking for the VMWare Tools services.
What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your help
-N
This communication is the property of CenturyLink and may contain confidential or privileged information. Unauthorized use of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the communication and any attachments.