[Xymon] remote msgcache

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Tue Jan 19 19:33:41 CET 2016

On 1/18/2016 12:59 PM, Root, Paul T wrote:
> . . . could I do something weird like bring up
> msgcache on it, and then have the far remote machines send to the
> message cache?

I'm doing this on a remote network. See my note to the list of 20141226
for the long version.
http://lists.xymon.com/pipermail/xymon/2014-December/040853.html

The short version is:
  Run msgcache on a system
  Clients near that system can report to it
  Use PULLDATA on a remote system to retrieve from the cache

Watch out for:
  Port not performing as specified (1984 only)
  Passing data unencrypted across the network links
  All message types are passed

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Enterprise Technology Services