[Xymon] Able to generate RRD but graphs do not show up

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Tue Jan 12 03:36:29 CET 2016

Rounak

On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 8:26 PM Raunak Kothari <kothari.raunak at gmail.com>
wrote:

Below is my graph definition in graphs.cfg (The column name in Xymon is
> "Status")
>
> [Status]
>         FNPATTERN SecondsElapsed.rrd

FNPATTERN is not needed, unless you are combining values from several
different RRD files.  I don't think this is causing any problems, but take
it out anyway.

>         TITLE Report Execution time in seconds
>         YAXIS Seconds
>         DEF:SecondsElapsed=SecondsElapsed.rrd:SecondsElapsed:AVERAGE
>         GPRINT:SecondsElapsed:LAST:Minutes\: %5.0lf (cur)

The rest looks reasonable.  But note that you won't get a graph line, only
the text showing "Minutes: 17".

> Any clues why my graphs are not working ? Thanks!

Try running the graph process manually using the rrdtool graphing function,
like so:

$ rrdtool graph /dev/null
'DEF:SecondsElapsed=SecondsElapsed.rrd:SecondsElapsed:AVERAGE'
'GPRINT:SecondsElapsed:LAST:Minutes\: %5.0lf (cur)'

All that I've done here is to drop the TITLE" and "AXIS" entries (they are
optional with rrdgraph), and quote the other lines, sending the output to
/dev/null.  If there are problems, they will show up as an error message
from rrdtool.  If it parses correctly, then rrdtool will output the pixel
dimensions of the graph image file it created, such as "481x168".

Cheers
Jeremy