[Xymon] Using group tags on main Xymon page

J.C. Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Wed Feb 24 17:13:36 CET 2016

On Wed, February 24, 2016 6:33 am, Josh wrote:
> I'm trying to use a group field to show a list of pages instead of hosts.
> Is there a method to do this?  I've been reading the man pages but not
> seeing it thus far after testing.  Any thoughts?
>
> --
>
> Josh

Hi Josh,

There's no direct way to group the pages when they're displayed on the
same page, since they're constructed "in reverse" from whatever is
pointing back to that page.

For large and complex organization of pages, I've found using the
"subparent" tag to build an actual page chain for people to drill down
into can help.

https://xymon.com/help/manpages/man5/hosts.cfg.5.html#lbAH

HTH,
-jc