[Xymon] restrict access to Xymon not working as expected

Jake xymon at epperson.homelinux.net
Wed Dec 21 22:35:58 CET 2016

I'll note that the default config appears intended to apply the password
restriction only to the admin scripts in /usr/share/xymon/cgi-secure.
But on Centos 7, that does not work for me, either.

Noticing the following conditions in the Directory stanza for
cgi-secure:

 <IfModule mod_authz_core.c>
 # Apache 2.4+
 Require all granted
 </IfModule>
 <IfModule !mod_authz_core.c>
 Order deny,allow
 Allow from all
 </IfModule>

I checked that the mod_authz_core module was getting loaded with "httpd
-M" and it was. BUT I noticed that mod_authn_file was not, and I think
that's a dependency, along with mod_authz_user (which is getting
loaded). The 00-base.conf file for Apache has a LoadModule line for the
missing module, so I'm looking at why that's not getting loaded.

Regards,

Jake