[Xymon] RRD File for Graph not being created

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Thu Aug 11 07:35:21 CEST 2016

Foster

On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 6:05 AM Foster Patch <Foster.Patch at accuweather.com>
wrote:

> I have been troubleshooting this for a while. I have a script with a very
> simple output, example “cf-execd : 13.60”. I have gone onto the local
> server that it will be run on, and added the appropriate lines to
> clientlaunch.cfg. I went on the server and modified xymonserver.cfg, adding
> “CFENGINE=ncv” to the end of the TEST2RRD line. (CFENGINE is the monitor
> name) I also added a new line on the file which states,
> “NCV_CFENGINE=”cf-execd:GAUGE”.
>

> I then restarted the xymon services. However, the RRD file is not created.
> What am I doing wrong? This monitor is much more elaborate, but I dumbed it
> down to a single line to troubleshoot this issue, and it still isn’t
> working.

You appear to have done everything you need to do.  Perhaps the hyphen is
causing problems?  Probably not, because I'm pretty sure I have some DS
names with hyphens.

Check out the rrd-data.log file, or perhaps try running xymond_rrd with
"--debug" enabled.

You could try running xymond_channel on the data channel, filtering the
CFENGINE messages, and make sure the data messages are coming through.  If
xymond_channel doesn't get them, then xymond_rrd won't save them.

Cheers
Jeremy