[Xymon] fatal error caught?

Root, Paul T Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Wed Aug 10 16:48:12 CEST 2016

Those are tests that only show up if there is a crash. It restarts itself.

Drop the test.

You might also check your non-green view. If you aren't getting events, that means that the history files are owned by root instead of xymon.

From: Xymon [mailto:xymon-bounces at xymon.com] On Behalf Of Blumenthal, Russell
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 6:57 AM
To: xymon at xymon.com
Subject: [Xymon] fatal error caught?

Hey guys,

Ever since I ran a trimhistory command, my xymond_alert and xymond_history are coming up as purple with the message '-Program crashed Fatal signal caught!'. What happened and what should I look for to troubleshoot this?

Thanks

This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by e-mail and destroy all copies of the original.
This communication is the property of CenturyLink and may contain confidential or privileged information. Unauthorized use of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the communication and any attachments.