[Xymon] SNMP and Xymon

Richard Hamilton rlhamil2 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 19:55:58 CEST 2016

In addition to that, "devmon" is oft cited: http://devmon.sourceforge.net

I haven't tried it as yet; it would be overkill for a home network, where
the router and modem don't speak SNMP (at least to the user; they may to
the ISP for all I know).

I did script a printer supply level check, which uses snmpwalk to dig out
some potentially interesting info (paper and toner levels), but the OIDs
were proprietary and the printer maker doesn't give information except to
paying developers, so it took me a lot of googling and trial and error to
find what seems to work for that particular make and model.