[Xymon] xymon-rclient.sh clientless script

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Fri Apr 29 02:20:31 CEST 2016

Hello

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 3:36 AM usa ims via Xymon <xymon at xymon.com> wrote:

> In this script, it says:
>
>         # In the config file, we are expecting things like these:
>         #
>         #  log:/path/to/file:maxsize
>         #    ignore MARK
>         #    trigger stuff
>         #  linecount:/path/to/file
>         #    label1:regex1
>         #    label2:regex2

It also says, a few lines further on:

        # Note: Due to the complexity in keeping state,
# only "file:" and "dir:" are implemented at this
# stage.  Neither can backticks be used yet (the
# result is unknown).  The "file:" setting cannot
# use the optional hash field yet.  Linecount does
# not require state, but simply hasn't yet been
# implemented.

> I'm trying to set the thresholds for green, yellow, and red and I don't
> know how using a client-less script. Which config file and where?

Are you trying to use "log:" or "linecount:"?  For what attributes are you
trying to set thresholds?  Perhaps you could share your configuration?

To be honest, xymon-rclient is primarily to collect the basic
instrumentation available for CPU, memory, disk usage and the like, that
would otherwise be collected by the Xymon client installed on the box, if
it were possible to do so.  Other features, like those that are configured
in client-local.cfg, are less likely to be fully support.

Cheers
Jeremy