[Xymon] Looking for Release Advice

Richard L. Hamilton rlhamil2 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 19:55:23 CEST 2016

> On Apr 27, 2016, at 13:12, John Thurston <john.thurston at alaska.gov> wrote:
>
> On 4/27/2016 8:24 AM, White, Bruce wrote:
>> - snip - I am looking for advice on the
>> most stable recent release of Xymon for this new server.
>
> You don't say what operating system or platform you are targeting for your Xymon server. In my case (Solaris 10 on SPARC), I am satisfied with the most recent version of Xymon and can think of no reason to use anything older.

I've stayed current, with server on Solaris 11 and clients on Solaris 9 through 11 as well as Macs on Snow Leopard, Mavericks, and El Capitan; and a Linux VM or two.  No problems, but I don't use features like email alerts, multiple server support, etc.  I do use the client tar balls on the server for the clients to self-update (building on the oldest of each OS/architecture, which so far runs fine on the newer ones).