[Xymon] TCPtest open connection issue

Phil Crooker Phil.Crooker at orix.com.au
Thu Apr 7 07:22:05 CEST 2016

I'm having a problem with a spurious error reported by xymonnet on upgrading to 4.3.27:

Error output:
TCPtest error 1 seen on open connection for zo.cvs
TCPtest error 1 seen on open connection for °|.squid
TCPtest error 1 seen on open connection for
v.squid
TCPtest error 1 seen on open connection for s.squid

If I substitute an earlier version of xymonnet (4.3.21), the error disappears. I put the 4.3.27 version back in, restart, and the errors return. There is nothing wrong with the hostname and these tests are not producing any 'real' errors. I am testing for a squid service on 5 hosts and cvs on one.

This has been reported in the dev forum, but has no published resolution:

    https://sourceforge.net/p/xymon/mailman/message/34900464

Has anyone else seen this issue?

thanks, Phil<mailto:FirstName.LastName at orix.com.au>