[Xymon] Disk space test ignored

Scot Kreienkamp Scot.Kreienkamp at la-z-boy.com
Tue Apr 5 21:14:40 CEST 2016

Hi everyone,

I recently upgraded from 4.3.21 to the Terabithia RPM's for 4.3.27.  I copied this config file verbatim (except for server name) from my old server to my new server:

HOST=innocent.in.hq
        PORT "LOCAL=%([.:]80)$" MIN=1  TRACK=WWW "TEXT=80-WWW"
        PORT "LOCAL=%([.:]55000)$" MIN=0 color=red TRACK=RPC_Clients "TEXT=55000-RPC Client Access Sessions"
        SVC MSExchangeADTopology status=started
        SVC MSExchangeIS status=started
        SVC MSExchangeMailboxAssistants status=started
        SVC MSExchangeRPC status=started
        SVC MSExchangeSA status=started
        DISK J 15728640U 10485760U
        DISK L 15728640U 10485760U
        DISK M 15728640U 10485760U
        DISK N 15728640U 10485760U
        DISK S 15728640U 10485760U
        DISK T 15728640U 10485760U
        DISK %^(1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|0).* IGNORE

However, the disk tests are now alerting on 95% full disk instead of on 10 gigs remaining space:
M (95% used) has reached the PANIC level (95%)

To further troubleshoot I commented out all the disk lines and added this entry:
DISK * 15728640U 10485760U

That didn't make any difference, the disk is still alerting for 95% full.  It is parsing and applying the configuration because the port and SVC information is showing up in the web, so I can't understand why the disk test isn't working.

This is a key feature for us as we have many servers with multi-terabyte drives, so alerting at percentages doesn't work nearly as well.  The client has not been touched, only the server.

Anyone have any ideas?

Scot Kreienkamp | Senior Systems Engineer | La-Z-Boy Corporate
One La-Z-Boy Drive | Monroe, Michigan 48162  | * 734-384-6403 | | * 7349151444 | *  Scot.Kreienkamp at la-z-boy.com<mailto:%7BE-mail%7D>
www<http://www.la-z-boy.com/>.la-z-boy.com<http://www.la-z-boy.com/> | facebook.<https://www.facebook.com/lazboy>com<https://www.facebook.com/lazboy>/<https://www.facebook.com/lazboy>lazboy<http://facebook.com/lazboy> | twitter.com/lazboy<https://twitter.com/lazboy> | youtube.com/<https://www.youtube.com/user/lazboy>lazboy<https://www.youtube.com/user/lazboy>

[cid:lzbVertical_hres.jpg]

This message is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is addressed.  It may contain privileged, confidential information which is exempt from disclosure under applicable laws.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disseminating or distributing this information (other than to the intended recipient) or copying this information.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail or by telephone at the above number. Thank you.