[Xymon] Depends tag working configuration

Mario rower.master at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 21:44:52 CEST 2016

Hello Scot,

Yes, I know the route tag and I already use it here for the upstream cases.
But my necessity here is to have a dependency between some networks tests,
for example, conn/ssh, conn/smtp, conn/http.

In my example, when the conn test was failing on 6030 and as the conn test
was ok/up on 5030 then the correct status for 6030/conn should be clear and
not red, right?

10.0.0.139  6030 # http://paq depends=(conn:5030/conn) testip
10.0.0.137  5030 # http://fara  testip

I´ve made some tests and it seems that the depends tag do not works with
any conn configuration.
Does not matter the "position" on the tag, depends=(conn:5030/http),
depends=(http:5030/conn) or depends=(conn:5030/conn), any of this works.

I´ve read some old emails on the list with the same question on "depends &
conn" but without a solution.

Thanks & regards,
Mario