[Xymon] Color Status GIF for host status page

Rob Steuer steuer at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 26 04:12:41 CEST 2015

Thanks Japheth!

>From your hint I was able to modify my script to do what I wanted.  So let me share now, maybe this will help others.  As an example, using the dnsreg.sh script, I’ve modified 2 things:

1.       With the widely published dnsreg.sh script, the EXPIRESTRING was showing like this for me: 2015-09-25T14 because it used a : as a delimiter, I removed the sed command and added an additional cut command using T as a delimiter so it only grabbed the actual date part.

2.       Thanks to your hint, I added the DOTCOLOR commands in each part of the IF statement.  Also in the last line I prefix with $DOTCOLOR so now it shows the colored icon in the detailed status page.

EXPIRESTRING="`whois $DOMAIN | egrep -i "Expires.*:|Expiration.*:|Renewal.*:|Expires on" | head -n 1 | cut -d: -f2 | cut -dT -f1`"

      EXPIRES=`date --date="$EXPIRESTRING" "+%s"`

      if test $EXPIRES -le $ALARMTIME

      then

         COLOR=red

        DOTCOLOR='&red'

      elif test $EXPIRES -le $WARNTIME

      then

         COLOR=yellow

        DOTCOLOR='&yellow'

      else

         COLOR=green

        DOTCOLOR='&green'

      fi

      DOM=`echo $DOMAIN | sed -e 's/\./,/g'`

      $BB $BBDISP "status+12h $DOM.dnsreg $COLOR `date`

      $DOTCOLOR Domain $DOMAIN expires on: $EXPIRESTRING