[Xymon] trimhistory error

Dirk Kastens dirk.kastens at uni-osnabrueck.de
Wed Sep 23 17:03:12 CEST 2015

Hi,

I'm running the trimhistory command every night to clean up the logfiles
from events that happend more than a year ago using the following command:

/bin/su - xymon -c '/usr/libexec/xymon/trimhistory --cutoff=`date +%s
--date="today -1 year"` --drop --droplogs --env=/etc/xymon/xymonserver.cfg'

Now I found out, that most of the files in the /var/lib/xymon/hist
directory are corrupted and that the history of these tests are not
displayed any longer on the web page. The first line of the files look
like this:

Tue Jun 17 12:41:45 2014 green 1403001705Tue Jun 17 12:41:45 2014 green
1403001705 37051426

I'm not sure, but I think that the trimhistory command is responsible
for that. Any ideas?

Regards,
Dirk