[Xymon] LOG issues

Martin Lenko lenko99 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 19:00:59 CEST 2015

Hi,
I think that this is fairly well documented:
"logfilename" is the name of the logfile. Only logentries from this
filename will be matched against this rule. Note that "logfilename" can be
a regular expression (if prefixed with a '%' character).

"pattern" is a string or regular expression. If the logfile data matches
"pattern", it will trigger the "msgs" column to change color. If no "color"
parameter is present, the default is to go "red" when the pattern is
matched. To match against a regular expression, "pattern" must begin with a
'%' sign - e.g "%WARNING|NOTICE" will match any lines containing either of
these two words. Note that Xymon defaults to case-insensitive pattern
matching; if that is not what you want, put "(?-i)" between the "%" and the
regular expression to turn this off. E.g. "%(?-i)WARNING" will match the
word WARNING only when it is upper-case.

The thing is that "%" character is not used to match other characters or
strings in regular expressions. It just instructs Xymon that the following
string is a regex, not a string value.

Regards,
Martin