[Xymon] 3 issues on new build of 4.3.21 on CentOS 6

Root, Paul T Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Wed Oct 28 17:25:07 CET 2015

Hi all,
                I'm building the latest xymon into my own RPM, and on CentOS 6. The client works fine, but I have some issues with the server.

                There are a lot of variables, that may be influencing my issues. My current environment is RHEL 5 and CentOS 5. But I want to get more up to date. Building an RPM for 4.3.21 on CentOS 5 proved impossible too much work for too little benefit because of rrdtools newer versions not compiling on CentOS5 and such. Thus the move to newer OS.

                I'm also trying to use selinux. I'd always had it off or in permissive before, because I didn't want to deal with it. I'm making the effort now. We'll see how that goes.

                So sorry for the roll up. Here are the issues:

1)      Disabled tests do not have the blue icon. The non-green page is showing the tests that are red or yellow. But if you click on the test, the page displays properly, blue background and the disable message is there. Also on the main pages, the icon remains red or yellow.

2)      Some pages, notably on the new server, I get "Status not available" on a number of tests. They range from my own scripts to xymonnet. Other tests do work, like the client built in ones.

3)      Cleared tests aren't clearing. This may well be the same issue as disable tests. I have a couple of tests that were red, but came green. But the page icon remains red.

Any ideas? I've fixed the selinux messages that come up in /var/log/messages.

Thanks,
Paul.

Paul Root
Lead Engineer
CenturyLink Network Reliability Operations Center

390 Commerce Dr
Woodbury, MN 55125
Direct: (651)312-5207
Paul.Root at centurylink.com

This communication is the property of CenturyLink and may contain confidential or privileged information. Unauthorized use of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the communication and any attachments.