[Xymon] Graphing terminal server connection issue

J.C. Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Tue Nov 24 20:23:41 CET 2015

On Tue, November 24, 2015 6:03 am, Steve B wrote:
> Thanks Jeremy, much appreciated. Have discussed with my colleague and he
> will be tweaking his script accordingly.  Sure it will work after that!
>
> Cheers
>
> Steve
>
> On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 12:03 AM, Jeremy Laidman
> <jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au>
> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 9:56 AM Jeremy Laidman
>> <jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I don't think CSS is a problem.
>>>

>> Although HTML markup before the NCV term will possibly lead to problems.
>> The man page says:
>>
>> "Note that each "NAME : value" must be on a line by itself. If you have
>> custom script generating the status- or data-message that is fed into
>> the
>> NCV handler, make sure it inserts a newline before each of the
>> data-items
>> you want to track"

Depending on the nature of the script, if there's a lot of explanatory
HTML there to help humans read things, I've found it's easier to have all
that up front, and then list the few things I want to NCV-analyze down on
their own at the bottom.

At scale, you'd want to use the ncv_skipstart/skipend functionality that
was put in in 4.3.22, or list the NCV data at the start and everything
else below, but basically, don't be afraid to list the data components
twice if it gets too messy :)

https://xymon.com/help/manpages/man8/xymond_rrd.8.html#lbAH

HTH,
-jc