[Xymon] client-local.cfg an powershell client

Lukas Kohl lukas.kohl at ergodirekt.de
Tue Nov 17 09:07:09 CET 2015

Hello,
I am a little bit confused right now, maybe you guys can help me.
Right now, I have a bunch of windows Servers, which report their status
via Zacks Powershell client to my Xymon Server [4.3.17].
Since the netstat Graphs are not working properly, I tweaked the code a
little bit, and changed the collector OS from powershell to bbwin:

was (HOST.OS CLASS):
[collector:]
client myserver.powershell powershell XymonPS

is (HOST.OS CLASS):
[collector:]
client myserver.bbwin powershell XymonPS

This worked, and now I can see the netstat trends.

In order to get all the client logfiles, I added a new section in the
client.local.cfg:
[os=bbwin]
eventlogswanted:*:10240:Warning,Critical,Error
clientversion:2.05:http://xymonserver/psclient/
eventlog:system:10240

Unfortunately the rules won't get applied. I also tried it without the OS=
prefix, which doesn't work either.
Regarding the manpage it should work:
https://www.xymon.com/help/manpages/man5/client-local.cfg.5.html

Do you have any Idea, whats wrong here ?

P.s.: If anyone is interested in the netstat Code, I can post it here.

Kind regards,

     Lukas Kohl
     ERGO Direkt Versicherungen
     Systembetrieb 2
     Karl-Martell-Straße 60
     90344 Nürnberg
     Deutschland
     Tel.: +49-911-148-2857

www.ergodirekt.de

Blog: http://blog.ergodirekt.de
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ERGODirekt
Google+: www.google.com/+ergodirekt
Twitter: www.twitter.com/ERGODirekt
YouTube: www.youtube.com/ERGODirekt

ERGO Direkt Lebensversicherung AG · Amtsgericht Fürth HRB 2787 · UST-ID-Nr. DE159593454
ERGO Direkt Versicherung AG · Amtsgericht Fürth HRB 2934 · UST-ID-Nr. DE159593438
ERGO Direkt Krankenversicherung AG · Amtsgericht Fürth HRB 4694 · UST-ID-Nr. DE159593446
Vorsitzender der Aufsichtsräte der ERGO Direkt Lebensversicherung AG und der ERGO Direkt Krankenversicherung AG: Dr. Clemens Muth
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats der ERGO Direkt Versicherung AG: Christian Diedrich
Vorstände: Dr. Daniel von Borries (Vorsitzender), Ralf Hartmann, Dr. Jörg Stoffels · Sitz: Fürth
Karl-Martell-Straße 60 · 90344 Nürnberg · Internet: ergodirekt.de
UniCredit Bank AG - HypoVereinsbank Kto.-Nr.: 66 071 430 · BLZ 700 202 70
IBAN: DE63 7002 0270 0066 0714 30 · BIC: HYVEDEMM