[Xymon] server-side message pre-processor?

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Nov 3 23:20:22 CET 2015

Hi,

Den 03-11-2015 kl. 19:22 skrev Japheth Cleaver:
> On 11/3/2015 9:20 AM, John Thurston wrote:
>> It would be cool if there were a per-host "accept" tag. I could stick
>> it in a .default. line in hosts.cfg, "accept=disk,cpu,conn,http". Any
>> other test reported for the host would be dropped.

> Is the problem more along the lines of "I don't want to receive test
> 'xyz' on any host", or more "Here's a list of 38 different tests I want
> to reject on 18 / 400 servers". If it's the latter, a hosts.cfg text
> value (before an internal testname record is generated with which to
> assign accept/deny values to) might be the best option, performance
> concerns not withstanding.

The attached patch against 4.x-master would do something like that - an
"acceptonly:cpu,disk,conn,http" in hosts.cfg on the relevant hosts, and
xymond will then match incoming tests against that entry and only
process those that are permitted.

For hosts without an acceptonly-setting, the overhead should be fairly
small.

(It compiles, but otherwise it is untested).

JC, feel free to veto it if you think it would be too much overhead.