[Xymon] "Disable until change"

Novosielski, Ryan novosirj at ca.rutgers.edu
Tue Nov 3 01:21:32 CET 2015

I personally do not think using disable is a good idea for unplanned problems. For one, if you use the reporting features, you will be mixing planned and unplanned downtime together. Disable is really for times when you know exactly what is going on with the system, and alerting is not needed/someone is watching the system manually. That's my take on it anyway, and what I tell the people that work with me.

____ *Note: UMDNJ is now Rutgers-Biomedical and Health Sciences*
||_// Biomedical | Ryan Novosielski - Senior Technologist
|| \\ and Health | novosirj at rutgers.edu<mailto:novosirj at rutgers.edu>- 973/972.0922 (2x0922)
||  \\  Sciences | OIRT/High Perf & Res Comp - MSB C630, Newark
    `'