[Xymon] Status, NCV and time stamps

J.C. Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Mon Nov 2 06:05:38 CET 2015

On Sat, October 31, 2015 4:11 am, Matt Vander Werf wrote:

> Would it be possible to also make it so that you can exclude parts of
> lines/multiple lines (not just at the end of the message) from being
> parsed
> using a block form -like method, in addition to what you've already put in
> place?
>
> Something like this:
>
> <!-- ncv_skip --> *this should be ignored* </--> ip6_mrt_cache : 0
> ext4_inode_cache <!-- ncv_skip --> *this should also be ignored* </--> :
> 7960000

Hmm. Part of this is doable, but with the way it's structured I'm hesitant
to duplicate the searching logic once we've already progressed down to
identifying the label on a given line. This might have to run for every
single line of each status message that comes in, which means the cycles
do add up if we're not careful.

For the first case (where the tag as at the beginning of the line, it's
not too hard. Please try out the attached patch and let me know if it
works for you.

It adds a <!-- ncv_ignore --> processor which will move past the text
until it sees a "</-->" (or a newline), and will then continue on as
normal.

It also adds a block-level skip feature, which might be more efficient
(since we're just toggling a skip flag)

<!-- ncv_skipstart -->
these : 1
wont : 83