[Xymon] Need help with upgrade from 4.3.17 to 4.3.20

J.C. Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Thu May 21 18:30:35 CEST 2015

On Thu, May 21, 2015 9:13 am, Mark Felder wrote:

> On Thu, May 21, 2015, at 11:11, Asif Iqbal wrote:

>> removing

>> > Ok, so ScriptAlias is from mod_alias, but that doesn't mean cgi
>> binaries
>> > are actually going to work.
>> >
>> > Is mod_cgi actually loaded?
>> >
>> > apachectl -t -D DUMP_MODULES | grep cgi
>> >

>> cgi module was not present. I just installed it and now most of the
>> column
>> works! Thanks a lot!
>>
>> I still get the content of the binary for the following columns. rest
>> are
>> good now
>>
>> bbd
>> memory
>> xymond
>> xymonnet
>>
>> I also restored svcstatus.sh from hardlink to symlink and removed the
>> two
>> SetHandler lines
>>
>> Still all the columns now working except the above four. Until I had the
>> cgi module installed
>> none of the columns were working.
>>
>> Thanks Mark for taking it very close to completely working!
>>

> They're all calling svcstatus.sh, so I am guessing you have a browser
> cache issue.

Nice deductions! :) This seems like a good candidate for adding to the
FAQ/known docs -- especially if it's not always typical to have mod_cgi
present and loaded in some distros.

>> I also restored svcstatus.sh from hardlink to symlink and removed the
>> two

So just to confirm: the config still works when the .sh files are
hardlinked as well? (And without FollowSymLinks?) If there's any issue
there, I'd like to get a fix into the install scripts before releasing a
4.3.21 update.

Regards,

-jc