[Xymon] (TS) Trying to setup xymon on a VoIP asterisk server

Tom Schmitt dtsmon at gmail.com
Thu May 7 08:00:22 CEST 2015

I have loaded a CentOS 6.6 server and installed PBX-in-a-Flash (PiaF) VoIP
server on it.

I then installed xymon on the same server and allow it to use VoIP and
text-to-speech for certain urgent and or out-of-ban alerting.

This is a home project for me.

Before retiring is was monitoring 1,200 devices and using 'ssh' to move
requests to the PiaF server for this function.  I thought the next logical
progression would be to use the same server for both functions.

I am having the same problem that I have with just installing a CentOS
server with xymon on it.  I added the additional commands from the
installation to the end of the http configuration file but I cannot bring
up the xymon web page.

In this installation, the apache runs under 'asterisk/asterisk'.
Is there some directive that I am missing to allow apache to access the
xymon pages in the xymon installation  under the 'xymon/xymon' permissions?

I have written many scripts that I cannot test out under the latest xymon
software release and make available to the community.

This is the same problem that I was having earlier and have not found the
solution to.

I also wanted to try allowing someone to be able to call into the VoIP side
to retire an alert, etc.

Thanks,
Tom Schmitt