[Xymon] Migrating from BBWin to Xymon PS Client

Brandon Dale BDale at kitchengroup.com.au
Mon Mar 30 05:36:45 CEST 2015

I think this will work:

                                LOG     eventlog_System  %^error.* COLOR=red
                                LOG     eventlog_System  %^warning.* COLOR=yellow
                                LOG     eventlog_Application  %^error.* COLOR=red
                                LOG     eventlog_Application  %^warning.* COLOR=yellow
                                LOG     eventlog_Security  %^failure.* COLOR=red

The Ignore rules for the eventid's I'm not sure about, in the past with bbwin I have always had to ignore based on the message detail. If someone knows how to do this I would also like to know.

In the latest powershell client this is the type of data that you get for events, the eventid is 1 in the below example.

Warning - 03/30/2015 14:11:25 - [1] - test - This is a test message.

However I haven't had any success using an ignore rule to match anything other than the "This is a test message" part of the message.

Regards,

Brandon