[Xymon] xymond_history: program crashed

Paul Grondahl paul at arrowtel.net
Thu Mar 26 21:05:00 CET 2015

Hi,

First post. Thanks for supporting this fantastic app!

In order to reclaim some disk space I ran:

"su xymon -c '/home/xymon/server/bin/trimhistory --drop --cutoff=`date +%s --date="1 Oct 2013"` —droplogs’"

Afterwards xymond_history went purple, with the message "program crashed - fatal error”

I then ran "xymon localhost "drop <hostname> xymond_history” and now xymond_history has disappeared.

I should add that the first time I ran trimhistory as root which messed up permissions on the allevents file. chmod xymon:xymon appears to have fixed it.

How to get xymond_history working again?

Also, for some long-running hosts, the hostdata directory remains at over 2GB. Is there a way to prune the hostdata directory?

Can I safely delete hostdata with "rm <hostfile>" for hosts that are no longer monitored?

-paul