[Xymon] Escaping special characters in analysis.cfg

john.r.rothlisberger at accenture.com john.r.rothlisberger at accenture.com
Thu Mar 26 13:21:44 CET 2015

I have a slightly different issue with special characters in analysis.cfg.  Although, I get errors - both tests work fine.

On one server (which was 4.3.0 and recently upgraded to 4.3.18 on Ubuntu 64bit) I get the following errors in xymonlaunch.log:
2015-03-26 11:24:29 xgetenv: Cannot find value for variable MYSERVERNAME1

The only place this seems relevant is from the analysis.cfg file entry:
HOST=myservername1
        SVC IISADMIN status=started
        SVC ReportServer$MYSERVERNAME1 status=started

On a separate Xymon server (4.3.13 Ubuntu 32bit) I do not get errors like those above, the entries in analysis.cfg look like:
HOST=anotherserver1
        SVC MSSQL$SQL_2012 status=started
        SVC SQLAgent$SQL_2012 status=started

Again, both tests work, just one seems to throw errors.

Thanks,
John
Upcoming PTO:

John Rothlisberger
IT Strategy, Infrastructure & Security - Technology Growth Platform
TGP for Business Process Outsourcing
Accenture
312.693.3136 office