[Xymon] Error in parsing of filesystem usage when monitoring NFS mounts

Marcus Mundt marcus.mundt at forsa.de
Thu Mar 26 11:37:39 CET 2015

Dear fellow xymon users,

I monitor filesystems on one of my xymon clients. This went really well until switching to NFS. I managed to list and monitor the NFS mount, but the parsing of the transmitted string for the disk usage seems to go wrong at some point:

Xymon says:
/BACKUP (172% used) has reached the PANIC level (95%)

But in reality, some lines below, it shows the correct value of 64%:
172.X.X.X:/Backup 26T 17T 9.3T 64% /BACKUP

I guess xymon parses the IP address of the NFS and takes this as the disk usage. Any hints on how to edit the parsing or other help on how to solve this would be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

i. A. Marcus Mundt

---------------------------------
forsa