[Xymon] Externals Issues

John Tullis john at executech.com
Thu Mar 12 20:56:23 CET 2015

I've been trying to use bbwin to send a status message to our hobbit server (we haven't upgraded to Xymon yet). BBWin is generating the file and putting it in the tmp folder and it disappears after a few seconds. And that's the last I see of the message. Nothing shows up on the server.

Is there any way to see incoming messages to the server or a log that might tell me why it didn't take the message?

My script checks the diskpart and then reports the status of a Windows raid to hobbit in this format:

status server,group.raid green Thu 03/12/2015 13:05:13.16 RAID is Okay

  Volume 0     C                NTFS   Mirror       931 GB  Healthy    Boot
  Volume 1         System Rese  NTFS   Mirror       100 MB  Healthy    System

Any direction would be very helpful.

John Tullis
Executech
Cell: 801.857.4572